"Revisiting Equity and Debt: Access to Finance and Economic Inefficiency," International Review of Economics, June 2016, DOI 10.1007/s12232-016-0260-5
“Enhancing Intra-Trade in OIC Member Countries Through T-SDRs” (co-authors: S. Al-Suwailem, R. Abdelkafi, and I.Drine), Islamic Economic Studies, Vol. 23, No. 1, May, 2015 (101-124).
“Equity-Financing, Income Inequality and Capital Accumulation”, Economic Modelling, Volume 46, April 2015, pages 322–333.
“Banking Soundness and Financial Crises' Predictability: A Case Study of Turkey”, International Economics, Volumes 135–136, October–December 2013, pages 62-78 (Co-author: W. Khallouli).
“Role of Islamic Finance for the Development of IDB-Member CIS Countries: A Case Study of Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan,” Journal of Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 21, pages 121-130, November 2013.
“Financial Openness and Technology Gap: Evidence from the Mediterranean Bassin,” Review of Market Integration , Volume 5 (1) –April, 2013. (Co-authors: M.S. Ben Aissa and I. Drine).
“Banking Emergence, Contract Enforcement and Endogenous Growth,” International Review of Economics, Volume 60, Issue 1 (2013), pages 83-100. (Co-author: T. Rajhi).
“Islamic and Conventional Banks' Soundness during the 2007-2008 Financial Crisis,” Review of Financial Economics, Volume 22, Issue 2, January 2013, pages 68-77 (Co-author: K. Bourkhis).
“Information Misreporting in the Credit Market: Analysis of a Credit Bureau's Disciplinary Role,” Comparative Economic Studies, Volume 55, March 2013, pages 145-166. (Co-author: S. Ben Souissi).
“Dual Banking and Financial Stability,” Journal of Islamic Economic Studies, Volume 20, Issue 2, December 2012.
“Credit rationing, Interest Rates and Capital Accumulation,” Economic Modelling, Volume 28, Issue 6, November 2011, Pages 2359-2876. (Co-author: M.O. Suliman).
“Capital Mobility and the Optimal Monetary Policy Rule: A Tunisian Case Study,” In David Cobham and Mongi Boughzala (eds.): Inflation Targeting in MENA Countries, Palgrave Macmillan, August 2011. (Co-author: Ndiame Diop).
“Public External Debt, Informality and Production Efficiency in Developing Countries,” Economic Modelling, Volume 27, Issue 2, March 2010, Pages 487-495. (Co-author: I. Drine).
“Institutions, Banking Development, and Economic Growth,” The Developing Economies, Volume 47, no.4, December, 2009. (Co-author: M.O. Suliman).
“External Debt, Informal Economy and Growth,”Economics Bulletin, Vol. 29 no.3, July, 2009, pp. 1704-1716. (Co-author: I. Drine).
“Financial Imperfections, Inequality and Capital Accumulation,” Economics Bulletin, Vol. 29 no.3, September, 2009, pp. 2400-2415.
"Generating jobs in Tunisia: best practices and an approach integrating Islamic microfinance and cooperatives," Le Cercle des Economistes de Tunisie, Cahier du cercle N°5, September 2014.
“Contingent Profit and Loss Sharing (C-PLS) Contracts” MPRA Paper 49912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
“Enhancing the enforceability of Islamic microfinance contracts in OIC countries”. November 2013. IRTI Policy Paper PP1435-02.
“Access to Finance and Investment: Does Profit Sharing Dominate Debt?”. May 2013. IRTI Working Paper WP# 1434‐02.
“Unemployment and Labor Market Institutions: Theory and Evidence from the GCC” (Co-author: M.O. Suliman), API-Working Paper Series 0806, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
“The Effects of Capital Account Liberalization on the Economic Development Process” (Co-author: T. Rajhi), Presented at the 9th ERF Conference
“Banking Efficiency and the Economic Development Process” (with T. Rajhi), Cahiers de la MSE- Série Blanche, N° 2002.85.
“Banking Efficiency, Speculative Attacks and Financial Crises under Asymmetric Information”, Presented at the Annual Conference of the French Economic Association, Cahiers de la MSE- Série Blanche, N° 2001.64.
REPORTS, CONSULTING AND STUDIES
February 2015-June 2015 : Consultancy Study for UN-ESCWA - Assistance to the Government of Tunisia in preparing a National development Plan 2015-2019.
January 2014 : Team Leader of the Islamic Finance Country Report – Morocco 2014 (jointly produced by IRTI, Thomson Reuters and CIBAFI)
May 2013 : Constraints on the OIC intra-trade: Insights from experts‘ opinions
October 2013 : Team Leader of the Islamic Finance Country Report – Turkey 2013 (jointly produced by IRTI, Thomson Reuters and CIBAFI)
June 2013 : Contributor to the Islamic Finance Country Report – Tunisia 2013 (in cooperation with Thomson Reuters' team)
2011-2012 : Contributor to the production of the Member Country Strategic Partnership of IDB Group with the Kingdom of Morocco and the Republic of Tunisia
2011 : Capital Account Liberalization: Approaches, Benefices and Risks, Evidence from Tunisia and Middle Income Countries (Technical Assistance on Trade Reform in Tunisia, World Bank)
2010 : Exports’ constraints of the SMEs in the region of Sousse (in collaboration with CJD Sousse, Tunisia)
2009 : Analysis of the Non Fiduciary Cost of Unemployment for the Tunisian Bachelors (a study elaborated for IACE Tunis, Tunisia),
1998 : Analysis of the Total Factor Productivity in five Tunisian public firms (a study elaborated during my End of Studies Project at the Institute of Quantitative Economics IEQ Tunis)
REFEREE FOR ACADEMIC JOURNALS
· African Development Review,
· Borsa Istanbul Review,
· Comparative Economic Studies,
· Economic Modelling,
· Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
· International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management,
· International Review of Economics and Finance,
· Islamic Economic Studies,
· KAU Journal of Islamic Economics,
· Review of Financial Economics.
PARTICIPATION AT PROFESSIONAL MEETINGS
A. CHAIR OF SESSION AT PROFESSIONAL MEETINGS
· Chair of the 4th parallel session of the ASECTU Annual Forum Money-Bank-Finance (I)
· Chair of 2nd Finance session of the 21st Annual Conference of the Economic Research Forum, Tunisia, March 20-22, 2015. 2015.
· Chair of the "Financial Development, Industrialisation and Capital Flows" session of the international conference "Macroeconomic Policies during the Crisis Periods," Mars 12-13, 2015, Hammamet/Tunisia.
· Chair of sessions in the international conference "Ethics & Religions for a Fair Economy," Paris/France, January 23-24, 2014.
B. INVITED SEMINAR/TRAINING/WORKSHOP PRESENTATIONS
· Plenary Session speaker in “ADFIMI-SME Bank - International Development Forum 2014” Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, October 20-21 , 2014.
· Plenary Session speaker in Sfax Third Islamic Finance International Forum, June 16-17, 2014.
· Plenary Session speaker in “Implications of Participation Model in Finance” held at Borsa İstanbul, Istanbul/Turkey, March 3-4, 2014.
· Plenary Session speaker in "Ethics & Religions for a Fair Economy," Paris/France, January 23-24, 2014.
· Plenary Session speaker in International Forum on Financial Systems, Istanbul/Turkey, September 11-12, 2013.
· Plenary Session speaker in “Global Sustainable Finance Conference 2013,” Karlsruhe/Germany, 4-5 July 2013.
· Plenary Session speaker in “Tunisia’s Entry to Islamic Finance: Cautiously Optimistic”, Tunisia Investment Forum, Tunis, 13-15 June 2013.
· Plenary Session speaker in the AAOIFI – World Bank Annual Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance, under the auspices of Central Bank of Bahrain, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 3 –4 December 2012.
· Plenary Session speaker in 1st Sfax International Forum on Islamic Finance, Sfax, 22-23 June 2012.
· Trainer, Islamic Finance Workshop, Dakar – Senegal, 11-13th, November 2013.
· Trainer, Knowledge Session on Islamic Finance, European Commission, Brussels, 8 July 2013.
C. PRESENTATIONS IN PROFESSIONAL MEETINGS
· 9th International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance, Istanbul/Turkey, September 9-10, 2013.
· 8th International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance, Doha, 19-21 December 2012.
· GDN Annual Conferences of 2010 (Selected and invited to the Best Award Papers' session).
· ERF Annual Conferences of October 2002, December 2005, December 2007, December 2009, and March 2011.
· 58th Annual Conference of the French Economic Association, September 10-11, 2009.
· African Economic Conference, 2007 and 2008.
· Arab Planning Institute Conference “The Unemployment Crisis in the Arab Countries,” 17-18 March 2008, Cairo- Egypt.
· Eleven Euro-Mediterranean Meeting on the Financing of Mediterranean economies, Nice, November 2007.
· International Conference of the Middle East Economic Association, Sousse, March 2006.
· Fourth International Conference on Economics and Finance in the Middle East and North Africa, Byblos, May 2002.
· Symposium "Recent Development in International Economics”, Bordeaux, June, 2002.
· XIX International Conference of Monetary and Banking Economics, Lyon, June, 2002.
D. PARTICIPATION TO CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS/TRAININGS
· Workshop on ‘Multidimensional Poverty: Measurement and Eradication’ on 2-3 October 2013 by Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative, Jeddah, Islamic Development Bank.
· Workshop on the “Future of Islamic Economics” organized by the Islamic Economics Institute of KAU- Jeddah, 12-13 November 2012.
· International Conference on Islamic Microfinance “Promoting Financial Inclusion and Creating Business Opportunities”, organized by IDB Group, AFD and CGAP, Jeddah, 30 April 2012.
· Workshop by the IMF Institute and World Bank Institute, “Employment Polices in the MENA Region”, IMF-Middle East Centre for Economics and Finance, Kuwait, 15 –19 April 2012.
· Training by Ecomod on “Practical General Equilibrium Modelling,” 13-17 January 2012, Singapore.
· Oman First Islamic Finance & Banking Conference, Muscat/Oman, 23-24 January 2012.
· Workshop on the “Facilitating the Implementation of IFSB Standards” organized by IFSB and hosted by Bank Al-Maghrib, 01-02 November 2011.
· Al Baraka Group Annual Symposium for Islamic Economics, Jeddah, July 2011.
· International Trade Center, “Competitiveness and Conception of Competitiveness’ strategies,” 13 – 17 December 2010- Tunis.
· World Bank Institute Training, “Financial and ICT/ITES Services Trade: A Training of Trainers and Executive Course for MENA Countries”, Vienna Joint Institute, June 28 – July 2, 2010.
· World Bank Institute Course, “WBI Course on Food and Agricultural Trade for MENA”, Vienna Joint Institute, April 6-9, 2010.
· World Bank Institute Workshop, “Research Capacity Building Program on Regional Integration and Agricultural”, Vienna Joint Institute, April 6-9, 2009.
· GDN Annual Conferences of 2009.
· High-Level Seminar on African Finance for the 21st Century, Organized by the IMF Institute and the Joint Africa Institute, Tunis, Tunisia, March 4 – 5, 2008.
· The second five-day training workshop for the project “Assessing Development Strategies to Achieve the MDGs in the Arab Region”, organized by the UN Development Policy and Analysis Division, Tunis, January 21-24, 2008.
· Distance Learning Program on Islamic Banking and Insurance developed by the Institute of Islamic Banking and Insurance - London, 2002.
EDITORSHIP/EDITORIAL COORDINATION/ MEMBERSHIP OF BOARD OF EDITORS
Feb. - Oct. 2014 : Editor and coordinator of the report "Unlocking the Potential of TPS : the Necessary Reform", Tunisia Polytechnic School, University of Carthage, Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
2011-2014 : Editor of the French Journal Etudes en Economie Islamique of the Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) –Islamic Development Bank Group.
Nov 2012- Nov 2013 : Team Leader of the Islamic Finance Country Reports Turkey 2013 – Morocco 2014 (jointly produced by IRTI, Thomson Reuters and CIBAFI)
Jan 2012-Nov 2013 : Member of the Editorial Board of the KAUU Journal of Islamic Economics.
April 2012 : Co-editor of the report “Recommendations and Proceedings of the International Conference on Islamic Microfinance: Promoting Financial Inclusion and Creating Business Opportunities,” Agriculture and Rural Development Department- IDB, CGAP and AFD, (Co-editors: Syed Hassan Alsagoff, Dalal Hussien)